12 hours in a restroom!

I am not able to walk properly, because of a skiing injury. It’s hard to take care of a naughty boy, under these conditions. I love my 3-year-old son Praneel. I want to be lost in his fun world. I don’t want to remember my injury all the time and repent for it. I can see some people laughing or some of them showing sympathy for me. I have to live like a fighter as I have tons of responsibilities as a wife and a mother. After every night there is a day. So, I am waiting for the dawn. That’s about my present condition.
And now I want to share a bitter half-day experience. It was a year back, when we were in India. My husband Manish was going to office at 9 o’clock in the morning. I locked the door and went inside the restroom. Unfortunately, I forgot to lock my son in a room, otherwise I knew that he could lock me in any room. My greatest fear turned true when I found myself locked inside the restroom. I shouted at him, and he responded by crying loudly. He slept after crying sometime. I could not hear him for 2-3 hours.
Later, I heard him again calling, “Mommy.” I called to him, and he came near. I told him to pull the latch. He tried and I was hopeful, but in vain. He again returned to the bedroom and was crying all the time. He had had no food or even water that morning when he woke up at 9:00. We both were thirsty and hungry.
We were on 3nd floor and I shouted for help, but my crying was unheard. I was also afraid of being noticed by someone wicked. Meanwhile, in a bid to pass time, I cleaned the restroom. I cleaned my face with a face pack and tried to relax. I had never had so much time to spend in my beautiful restroom after becoming a mother. He used to knock on the door until I came out. My husband used to put comics inside the restroom. I read all of them one by one. I wished to have my own diary and pen and I would have written a live story from my restroom.
Thank God my husband was not outside on an official trip! I was waiting eagerly and impatiently for my superhero to come and save me. I had no watch, but I could see outside that it was night. Hooray! I crossed my fingers and was counting in reverse 100, 99,.. 2,1. And here he came. The call bell rang-“Ting-tong!” He did not get a reply, as the restroom was very far from the main door. I stepped up on the sink base, as it was broad enough to stand on. I peeped through the window and shouted. I thanked God as he heard me, and I told him our story. He went to find someone for help.
Luckily, Manish met a worker with a ladder who could come up and unlock the door. I saw my boy with a blanket. He looked thirsty and he was crying with red eyes. Manish gave us water and some food. It was a big relief to see our son safe. This incident taught me a lot of patience and courage when handling adversity. I appreciated my son being able to be alone for so long. We thank God for the day, the toughest 12 hours of my life!
Shruty

I am a Journalist. I am writing for 5 years. I write stories, poems,lyrics and rhymes. I write in hindi and english both. i worked as an anchor, reporter for tv channels. best wishes, shruty

2 Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post